Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stitching the Rainbow!

How to you spell COLORFUL? I spell it SCRAPPY STRING QUILT!



A few weeks ago, I attended a "quilting day camp" with my quilting enablers...I mean FRIENDS!


One friend was cutting shapes from fabric and THROWING THE REST AWAY! I couldn't let that happen. It was lovely fabric!


Sew...home it came. Since I was in the process of painting my sewing room, it had to wait a few weeks.


Today I couldn't get any of my computer tasks to work, so I headed for my beloved non-computerized sewing machine! Once I got started, I was able to assemble the first 9 blocks in no time.


These blocks are pieced on to sheets on onionskin paper. This paper has been living in my sewing room for years, just waiting to be needed. The paper keeps the fabric stable while I'm working with it.


Since the blocks will finish at only 8", I'll need to make a LOT more of them. Happily, it's a great deal of fun.

No comments: